This Privacy Statement explains how Ian Mono handles the personal data of its Clients with regard to its mastering services. Ian Mono considers it important that the collection and processing of your personal data takes place in a careful and secure manner.
Clients who are ordering for mastering services by or on behalf of Ian Mono and the users of Ian Mono services are referred to hereinafter in this Privacy Statement as “the User”, “the Client” or “You”.
Controller: Ian Mono
Ian Mono, with its registered office and principal place of business at Loosduinenweg 271 in (2571 AD) The Hague (Chamber of Commerce number: 59519312), hereinafter “Ian Mono”, is responsible for collecting and processing your personal data. Ian Mono is therefore the controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related implementing acts.
Ian Mono manages several websites concerning its mastering services by it or on its behalf linked or not linked to the deployment of apps and social media. These websites (and any apps and social media, if that is the case) are jointly referred to in this Privacy Statement as “the Websites”. It concerns more in particular the following websites and related domains:
Generally speaking, Ian Mono can collect your data inter alia at the moment You as a User or Client register for a Ian Mono newsletter, when you close an agreement with Ian Mono to purchase mastering services, when You send an email to us, You disclosed your data publicly via or through the use of our Websites, social media or another public platform. The information Ian Mono receives in this connection is used to be able to deliver our mastering services, to improve them, for marketing purposes and in order to be able to offer our Users and Clients sound and personalised services.
The manner in which Ian Mono collects data
Ian Mono can receive information from You as a User or Client in the following ways:
Directly from you as the User for example when You send an e-mail containing a question or use our customer service, apply for mastering services and the execution thereof, create a personal account on one of our Websites in relevant cases or if you participate in a possible competition or a giveaway organised by or on behalf of Ian Mono.
Ian Mono collects various data via our Websites – inter alia for the performance, improvement or registration of our services – inter alia by the use and deployment of cookies. Ian Mono can also receive your personal location details if you grant us your separate and express consent to do so.
Data collected by Ian Mono
Ian Mono may process data of its Clients and Users, including personal data. The data Ian Mono may collect in respect of You as a Client or User are:
- contract and account details – this includes the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, customer number;
- payment and invoicing details – when you purchase or apply for mastering services for the purpose of financial handling and administration;
- transport and delivery details in order to provide You with the result of our mastering services;
- data You have placed publicly – this includes personal responses on our Websites, including blogs or comment pages, or messages You have placed on social media managed by us or on our behalf.
Reasons why Ian Mono uses data
Ian Mono may use the above mentioned data for the following purposes:
For the purpose of the performance of our agreement with you as a Client or User – Ian Mono uses your data when you conclude an agreement with us, for example to order for and purchase our mastering services purchase, so that we:
- are able to process the order;
- are able to accept payment;
- are able to provide You with the results of our mastering services, such as works/recordings;
- are able to provide You with customer service and after sales.
- are able to verify You as our Client or User and also to counter fraud on the basis of your order;
- are able to identify You as our Client or User quickly in case of emergencies, partly in the interest of security and to prevent from piracy or misuse by third parties.
For our legitimate business interests – which includes:
- conducting market research and analysis, in order to be able to improve our mastering services;
- for our marketing purposes, to provide You as or Client or User with information regarding special offers, products and mastering services;
- in order to send emails from customer service, such as order confirmations and reminders for our mastering services;
- in order to prevent or investigate unlawful behaviour, such as piracy or misuse by third parties, to protect or enforce our legal rights or in other cases permitted by law. As such, we may also use your data to help prevent abuse of intellectual property rights (such as copyrights, neighbouring rights and other intellectual property rights), fraud, piracy or other crimes.
Your data as a Client or User will not be used for any purpose other than the purposes referred to above. You can simply unsubscribe if you no longer wish to receive message from Ian Mono, apart from the execution of an agreement between You and Ian Mono. More information in this regard can be found under the heading “Your choices and rights as a Client or User” in this Privacy Statement.
What you consented to
By accepting the Terms and Conditions of Ian Mono and the Ian Mono Privacy Statement when ordering for or purchasing our mastering services, You grant us consent to:
- to contact You as a user with information or special offers relating to future, similar mastering services by or on behalf of Ian Mono. This may take place by email, push and web notifications, via text message or by social media. You can change these personal marketing preferences at any time, see the paragraph entitled “Your choices and rights as a Client or User” below in this Privacy Statement;
Ian Mono also shares data with third parties
- our external service providers (also referred to as data processors), such as cloud, email, computing and payment providers, who supply the IT and database infrastructure on which our products and systems are built and provide additional services at our request, amongst others: Dropbox, Moneybird, Stripe, WordPress and Woocommerce, Google Analytics;
- government authorities or other competent authorities if such is permitted or required by law.
Your choices and rights as a Client or User
As our Client or a User You can always request, adjust and alter or remove your data if necessary or have this done. This can be done in different ways:
- if that is the case, in relevant cases You can log into our Websites in order to change or remove your data for the newsletter, to change or to fully switch off personalisation;
- in addition, You are offered the opportunity to unsubscribe from the mailing list at the bottom of every message You receive from or on behalf of Ian Mono, so that You will no longer receive information from Ian Mono;
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Ian Mono and to adjust the data you have provided. You also have the right to request a copy of the information we hold in respect of You. You can contact us at email@example.com if You have further questions or if You wish to submit a request for inspection of your data.
Maintenance of your information
Ian Mono makes every effort to ensure that your information is secured properly. Only those persons who require access to user data pursuant to his or her position have access to such data. Ian Mono has implemented suitable technical measures that are updated regularly in order to ensure that the data are secured properly. But: the internet is never 100% secure. You should therefore ensure that You as a Client or User also implement the necessary security measures yourself and never provide your password to another person and certainly not to unknown persons.
Ian Mono does not retain data longer than necessary in order to be able to provide the services you have requested. We will remove your data securely if they are no longer necessary for these purposes in accordance with our company policy.
In the event data are transferred outside Europe, there are strict rules to ensure that your data are still protected by a high level of security. If Ian Mono were to do so, we will ensure that the necessary security measures are implemented. We will use one of the mechanisms set out below if we transfer your data outside the European Economic Area. The standard contract provisions approved by the European Commission are:
- EU-US Privacy shield
- Binding company rules
- Binding rules for company processors
Ian Mono uses functional cookies that are essential to the functionality of the Websites, such as cookies for registering whether consent for cookies was granted and to remember your preferred language.
Ian Mono uses analytical cookies, such as the cookies from Google Analytics, in order to be able to understand how the Websites are used, for the purpose of acquiring knowledge of the interests of visitors/users and to improve the Websites on a continuous basis and to make them user-friendlier. It is registered for example how long visitors/users remain on a certain page, how many clicks a page receives, but also whether a certain link does not function properly.
In relevant cases Ian Mono has concluded a processing agreement with the relevant third parties concerning the using of digital measuring instruments (inter alia Google Analytics) with or without intervention by third parties. This agreement ensures among other things that the cookies placed by those third parties (inter alia Google Analytics) are set in most privacy-friendly way possible.
Cookies may also be used by or on behalf of Ian Mono to test the effectiveness of advertisements so that we can show the best and most relevant offers.
Social media cookies
All information collected on our Websites by means of cookies is anonymised as much as possible.
As a Client or User You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if You require further information, if You have questions or remarks or if you wish to obtain a copy of the relevant information.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Ian Mono expressly reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. Our Clients and Users are recommended to read the Ian Mono Privacy Statement on a regular basis to find out about any changes. In the event Ian Mono makes important changes to its Privacy Statement, we will inform You as a Client or User thereof and in case of drastic, substantive changes we will ask for your consent (again) if necessary.
Most recently amended on 28 October 2019.